Demelza provides specialist care and emotional support for children with terminal conditions and their loved ones, so they can enjoy their time together as a family, for as long as they have.
We care for children with a range of conditions, and every year our work is a lifeline to over 750 children and their families throughout Kent, South East London and East Sussex.
When a family desperately needs support, Demelza can give them the time, space and attention to help them cope. From diagnosis, for as long as we’re needed, we deliver specialist care with compassion. If a family chooses for their child to die at Demelza, we’ll make sure they have the support they need to focus on loving each other and making lasting memories.
We provide specialist care services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, completely free of charge to families. As a charity, we’re almost entirely dependent on the generosity of our supporters to provide the funds that keep our services going.
- Residential and day hospice services at two children’s hospices
- Care and support provided at home
- Therapies, including art and music therapy
- Helping families understand the problems they face and the possible solutions on offer
- Transition support to help young people move from children’s to adult services
- End-of-life care
- Bereavement support to the family
Demelza South East London
5 Wensley Close
Demelza East Sussex
150a Bexhill Road
St Leonards on Sea