Haven House Children’s Hospice believes that no family should have to face alone the difficulties of looking after a child with a life-limiting condition.
We provide a range of services to the child and their families to support them through the most difficult circumstances imaginable. We offer planned respite, short break and end-of-life care, as well as services designed to improve emotional and physical wellbeing, across our hospice, Holistic Care Centre and in our local community.
We provide the following services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our services include:
- Nursing palliative care and symptom control
- Step-down transitional care (helping transition children from hospital to home)
- Hospice at Home
- Day and night respite and short break care
- End-of-life care
- Post-bereavement care
- One to one sibling support
- Annual memory day
- Family flat
- Therapeutic yoga
- Complementary therapies
- Family support – specific for parents and siblings
- Coffee mornings for parents
- Buddies (a sibling support group)
- Toy Home Loan – provision of toys to children in the community
- Hospice at Home Music therapy
- Dad’s Group
- Teenage Cancer Group
- Expert Parent Group
Since 2003, and particularly in the last five years, the growth in demand for our services has been dramatic. Since opening we have supported over 900 families across North and North East London, West Essex and East Hertfordshire.
Situated in 18 acres of woodland in The White House, a converted locally-listed building on the borders of London and Essex, the hospice was conceived in the early 1990s by Sue Irwin, a registered nurse and health visitor.
Our Holistic Care Centre provides targeted social and health care for children and the entire family. Our recent refurbishment means we have redesigned to be brighter and more colourful with new bedrooms, wet room, larger lift space, floors and a vibrant rainbow staircase.
The White House