Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice is a community-based hospice service providing support for children and young people with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions and their families in North and Central London and Hertsmere.
On 26 September 2017, we began construction of The Ark, the first children’s hospice building for children in north and central London. There are over 1,200 babies with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions in the area but, tragically, there has never been a children’s hospice building. Once built, The Ark will complement the charity’s existing Hospice-at-Home services, providing 24-hour end-of-life, post-death and bereavement care and overnight stays, as well as sensory music and art rooms. The state-of-the-art building is set within a beautiful 7.5 acre nature reserve in Barnet.
- Our nurse-trained specialist carers visit family homes, providing care alongside fun and stimulating play activities
- Our family link service helps parents and carers negotiate complex health, social care and benefits systems and offers emotional and bereavement support
- Our sibling support programme gives young people, with seriously ill brothers or sisters, a break and a chance to try new activities and make friends
- Our professional play, drama and music therapists work with children to aid their development and help them cope in emotionally challenging situations
- Our family activities programme tackles isolation by bringing children and families together to have fun and gain confidence
- Our parent groups provide peer-to-peer support
- Our trained volunteers offer ongoing support across all aspects of family life – from helping children with homework, to gardening or driving to medical appointments
3 Beauchamp Court
10 Victors Way
Hospice site and E-Centre