ellenor provides hospice at home care for babies, children and young people in the London Borough of Bexley and across North and West Kent. Families are at the heart of everything that we do, and our support is provided free of charge and available 365 days a year.
Our dedicated children’s team enable families to stay together and avoid lengthy time apart for medical appointments. Specialist care such as respite, symptom management and chemotherapy can be provided in the sanctuary of the family home, enabling the whole family to focus on building precious memories, however limited their time together is.
Our team is available around the clock for children at the end-of-life, ensuring that we are there when families most need us. We provide nursing care, respite relief, short breaks, counselling and a range of therapies, personalised to the individual needs of each family.
- 24-hour telephone advice and support from Registered Children’s Nurse
- Symptom control and access to 24/7 support for end-of-life care in the home
- Support for the whole family including family drop-ins and sibling support programme
- Bereavement support
- Transition support into adult services, including young adults support group
- Provided by a specialist multidisciplinary team including:
- Specialist palliative care nurses
- Medical consultant
- Short breaks nurses
- Nursery nurses
- Support workers
- Youth worker
- Music and play therapists
- Complementary therapists
- Chaplaincy and counselling team
- Social work team