‘Richard House Children’s Hospice helps children and their families in East London to lead as happy a life as possible when dealing with a life-limiting health condition.
From the moment a child is diagnosed with a life-limiting, life-threatening or complex health condition everything changes. These changes affect the whole family, which is why we feel it is vital not only to provide care to the child but to support the whole family.
We support around 300 families each year, offering an array of much needed services. These include residential care, step-down care to help families take the step between hospital and home care enabling them to care for their child at home, music therapy to help a child with sensory needs to communicate through sound and bereavement support for all the family.
As a charity, we provide support free of charge to our families and the majority of our services are funded thanks to the generosity of our supporters.
- A clinical nursing care service based on individual need
- Management of symptoms
- Overnight short breaks (respite)
- Therapeutic support: counselling, play, art and music therapy
- A range of support groups for families
- Social activities and projects to help children and young people to develop confidence
- A transition service that supports young people and their families through the move to adults’ services
- Step-down care from hospital to home
- Care at the end of a child’s life
- Bereavement care and support
Richard House Drive